I'm back!

ShortGirl

As some of you knew, I had a full colony of beautiful, mixed grade cherries when I first became a member here. The tank somehow became infected with vorticella and I lost hundreds of shrimp. I didn't realize what it was until it was to late. I tried everything from prazipro to salt dips. And finally tore down the entire tank and swore off shrimp.

With the help of my friend Chris (Taylor's Aqua) I now have a new tank of PFRs starting to breed!

e54674591950dce65711a7f0c75d55bc.jpg

So, I'm happy to say I'm back and that I missed this community. How is everybody doing?

Fantastic to have you back!

We all have bad things happen to our tanks once in a while.  No shame there.  The big thing is to take any hard knocks teachings, dust yourself off and hop right back on the shrimp again. ;)

Glad to see you accepted the bad, and are doing it again.

welcome back!  I also have had many tanks die off over the years but as you learn more I think it happens less often

Welcome back.

Is moss ball at right side corner?

do you need to rotate it once for a while?

Thanks James! I have about 8 little moss balls in there. They're not quite circular yet since I just cut up a bigger ball a few days ago. I tank them out every so often and palm roll them.

Thanks James! I have about 8 little moss balls in there. They're not quite circular yet since I just cut up a bigger ball a few days ago. I tank them out every so often and palm roll them.

Ok, thanks.

I got some recently, don't know how to take care of it yet. thanks for the tips.

James- I've also used the soda water trick. Squeeze out the tank water from the ball then place in a cup of seltzer water until the bubbles are gone. Squeeze water out again and float in a cup of treated water, then back to the tank. It's supposed to up the carbon exchange inside the ball. I have a ball that's the size of a softball now!

Glad you are back, it is good to see your post and your new tank that I hope will flourish!

I actually might be moving closer to Oswego soon because of my husbands job. We should trade plants and critters sometime!

I have lots of plants, actually setting up another grow out tank this weekend. Unfortunately nothing fore trade right now every thing ear marked for a 125 long a friend bought.