New shrimpkeeper— neocardinas keep dying

Hi all, as the glowlight tetras I have had for a few years have dwindled down to the final two, I decided to switch the tank to a shrimp tank around two weeks ago, and purchased 7 orange Sunkists (neocardinas) from my lfs, along with a java fern, some java moss, and 2 sword plants that I do not remember the name of. 

However, i noticed that they have been gradually dying, some a few days within purchase, and one today. I have attached images of the tank, as well as a tetra strip test from today. I have had the 10 gallon tank for around 4 years now, so I believe it is quite established, although I did not have plants until recently, and after looking the strip results, I don’t think that my parameters are perfect. the light is automatic, and turns on 15 minutes before sunrise, and off 15 minutes after sunset. I do weekly water changes of 10%, and use a dechlorinator. I also add easy green fertilizer every week at the same time as the water change.

For food, I have been feeding the fish regularly, and the shrimp pretty much have always ignored the pellets I gave, which are omega one shrimp pellets (https://www.grangecoop.com/omega-one-shrimp-pellets-2-15-oz?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp&sc_intid=&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8--2BhCHARIsAF_w1gxO5VBRnnCA9OlO6O-Tztp0IHFzZsjefxAyMhM2HILG2cbqxkLtmYQaAod-EALw_wcB). I also tried giving a piece of blanched lettuce once, but it went untouched for 24 hours, so I took it out. At first I was worried that they were underfed, but sources seemed to say that if they ignore the food, they are doing fine on the biofilm.

As for the shrimp, I received a freebie shrimplet at time of purchase, which has now grown into an adolescent shrimp, with a size matching the other shrimp, but a much clearer color. One of the shrimp was also berried at time of purchase, and I noticed a few shrimplets hatched just a few days ago. Because of this, I was happy as I thought that my tank was doing much better, but after finding another death today, I want to do everything I can do prevent this in the future. 

As a newbie, I really do have no idea why they are dying, but I do notice molts around when the shrimp die. I don’t know for sure if it is their molt, or how close in time the two even occur, but wanted to offer any information I can.

Although I have tried to do my research, I am really sorry for my shortcomings, and please advise me on what I can do better for my shrimp. I really do want to do better, and I will appreciate any help, and will provide any further information. For the time being, I don’t plan on buying any more shrimp until I can fix things.

Thank you for reading

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4638.jpeg

tetra-easy-strips-6-in-1-aquarium-water-quick-multi-testing-strips-fresh-marine-tank-458011.jpeg