Culling my CRS

I have a 40gal and a 20gal both full of CRS.  This last weekend I took all the CRS from my 20gal (over 200 at least) and put them all in my 40 gallon tank.  I don't bother acclimating them since the water should be pretty similar.  I did add Borneowild Shield after just in case.  I plan on taking my very best CRS from the 40gal and putting them back into my 20gal to breed.  I have high grade by pattern but the white is pretty crappy on to many of them.  I am also just moving large adults to the 20gal since in my experience the white on CRS's often degrades as the CRS gets older.  I will take some pictures once I get the chosen ones to the 20gal.

• 2 weeks later...

I took some pictures today but I am still trying to figure out my new Lightbox program so it will be a little while before I can post them :).  I still haven't gotten a chance to separate any of the shrimp back into the 15gal

• 2 weeks later...

I keep telling myself I'm going to set up a crs/TB tank this year.  Went so far as to buy a canister exclusively for that.  I'm still nervous though because the temps in my shrimp room here fluctuate crazy.  Below 65 sometimes in the winter, up to 84+ sometimes in the summer.

I want to try a new way of air conditioning in here this summer and see if it helps...

So this project in on hold for a bit.  I am trying to decide if it is worth separating out the ones I have or if I should just invest some money in a PRL of them and start over with nicer grades.  I am also going to be importing some Sulawesi shrimp in about a month so I am trying to get several of my tanks converted over for that project :).

This last weekend filled a 55gal drum with RO water and the Salty Shrimp Sulawesi Mineral 8.5.....The water was still all cloudy when I looked at it last night, the stuff is a pain to get it to dissolve properly.  Later this week I will drain the tanks of water and refill them with the new water.  I will probably throw a bunch of Mosura Graze in there to let that start growing stuff and heavily dose the tanks with Mosura Bioplus in preparation.  Wild caught Sulawesi's often don't take prepared food so I want to make sure there is plenty of stuff for them to eat. 

yes, you can't have to many shrimp tanks!

Mts is very very very addicting lol. I still haven't ever heard of a cure ;)

tell me about it LOL!

Its even worst if you catch the case of collectorist and crypt itch HAHAHA

sounds like something you get when you don't use proper protection when handling your crypts :)

Triton,

I ordered 10 from Will which arrived yesterday and spectacular looking.   I have no idea what grades mean with those SSS but suspect these are high grades .

Crisp white and bright red .