Sulawesi Dream (Cardinal and Poso Snails)

eozen81

Hi huys,

I am from istanbul, Turkey and wanted to introduce my Sulawesi Tank in which I have got my Cardinal shrimps and poso rabbit snails. I have been getting babies from my cardinals. It's been approx 4 months after setting up this tank and I had bought 10 Cardinal babies at first. I believe 6 or 7 of them survived and after 2 months I saw my first Cardinal babies. And I can see that my babies are growing up without no issue (fingers crossed).

At the first weeks I had welcomed them, they were so hiding behind rocks and wood but after they got berried and babies hatched they got more and more courageous and showed up and I also removed some rocks from my tank to make sure they don't get used to hiding. I also see lots of time my cardinals on my poso snails which I believe Poso snails is something relief for cardinals. That's why I recommend everyone to have also poso snails if they wanna keep cardinals. 

My water is 350 microsiemens, pH 7.5 and temp 27 C. I have been using Sulawesi Mineral 7.5 for my RO water. %10 Water Change weekly. As the numbers of my cardinals are getting higher I started to prepare a new tank which is 75 liters (cycling now)

45 liters tank
HMF Filter with air pump and heater behind

Here are pics and videos

Regards
Emre

ZNXL16K.jpg
8FPh3fJ.jpg
ISGchhu.jpg
CKlqqAA.jpg
UnHAuLX.jpg
IvJuq3T.jpg
FoiVcXBl.jpg
pzrI4frl.jpg
6xDTL2m.jpg
4uoOIfq.jpg

love the tank!

Goodluck @countryboy12484

@Soothing Shrimp, Thank you. HMF filter is portable in this tank that I used plexi glass to play with. I am sening below some pics which can give you idea. I always use HMF filter for shrimp tanks to make sure biological filter area is maximum even though cardinals don't play on sponge a lot compared to CRS/CBS/Taiwan Bee.

VfKKrw9l.jpg

RRQfBpsl.jpg

Kr12cpMl.jpg

VG0V7M4l.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A short update: Reproduction continues well in my Sulawesi tank. After the population increased to a good number ( 10 to 35-40 in 4 months) in the tank, I have moved 7-8 Cardinals to another Sulawesi tank to make sure I have got 2 different tanks just in case something goes wrong. 

jtDL8lxl.jpg
N3AVhFMl.jpg
JLU1r5Ul.jpg

Thank you guys. Yes, Their feet are always on job  :thumbsu: I believe that is the most spesific feature seperating them from other type of shrimps. Below video is not mine but I just wanted to share it here so that you can have the real pleasure of feeding Cardinal  :rock: I don't know how this guy did this but my cardinals are not so social as in this video  :D

I like the baby card sitting on the snail in the third video you posted. I also started another tank for my tb's (just in case). If my sulawesi take off in numbers then I'll do the same for them. Good idea!