Too unreal...

OMG Aquatics

If eBay started doing test buys on their sellers, I would how many would become suspended.

Yet another troubling seller...

I purchased a "New" product.

http://imgur.com/XQL1KXm,4RBA55r,3gjRWwa#0

Please explain to me how this is "New" now that you cut the product in half to save shipping cost?

I guess people don't understand the word "New"

New is a brand new unopened, untampered product.

If you open the product, that becomes Used-Like Brand New.

Seller made it go from a "New" product to "Used-Like Brand New".

It's not the same thing!!

Please eBay and Amazon. You must inspect your sellers. They are crap and don't belong on your marketplace. 

eBay and Amazon gets a lot of claims and think the "customer" is doing something "fraudulent".

With all the BS sellers have been giving me, it's time eBay and Amazon rethink that!!

Yes. Waiting to be able to escalate it.

Instead of it being delivered Oct 17, they shipped it Oct 17... Order placed on 11th. Listing claimed lightning fast shipping. Then I check their feedback. Almost every negative says the seller does NOT communicate at all. How in the hell are they still selling if they are NOT willing to communicate? 

technically its still new it has never been used.

Yes "technically" it's still new.

If you were to buy a new phone that comes in retail packaging and the seller took out the box and just shipped you the phone and accessories. "technically" the phone is still new but it's not.

New means it MUST be exactly how the manufacturer produces/packages the product. 

If the product is tampered such as packaging removed, it is no longer the same as the product the manufacturer produced thus it is NOT new.

Amazon explains this amazingly!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161242

Note: "Refurbished," "Used – Good," and "Used – Acceptable" can be used only where noted as acceptable in the Category-Specific Condition Guidelines.
  • New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened item in its original packaging, with all original packaging materials included. Original protective wrapping, if any, is intact. Original manufacturer's warranty, if any, still applies, with warranty details included in the listing comments.
  • Refurbished: Use only if noted in the Category-Specific Condition Guidelines. A refurbished product has been professionally restored to working order. Typically this means that the product has been inspected, cleaned, and repaired to meet manufacturer specifications. The item may or may not be in its original packaging. The manufacturer's or refurbisher's warranty must apply and should be included in the listing comments. Refurbished items are sometimes referred to as "remanufactured."
  • Used - Like New: An apparently untouched item in perfect condition. Original protective wrapping may be missing, but the original packaging is intact and pristine. There are absolutely no signs of wear on the item or its packaging. Instructions are included. Item is suitable for presenting as a gift.
  • Used - Very Good: A well-cared-for item that has seen limited use but remains in great condition. The item is complete, unmarked, and undamaged, but may show some limited signs of wear. Item works perfectly.
  • Used - Good: Use only if noted in the Category-Specific Condition Guidelines. The item shows wear from consistent use, but it remains in good condition and works perfectly. It may be marked, have identifying markings on it, or show other signs of previous use.
  • Used - Acceptable: Use only if noted in the Category-Specific Condition Guidelines. The item is fairly worn but continues to work perfectly. Signs of wear can include aesthetic issues such as scratches, dents, and worn corners. The item may have identifying markings on it or show other signs of previous use.

I think most people are going to cut the plant starter anyway to fit the container they will put it in.

Yes, I will be cutting them into 98 pieces. I bought them but not planning on using it until I have to. Until then, it's being exposed to air and whatever. 

This is more of a "expectation" rather than does it matter or not.

If a consumers purchases a "new" product, we EXPECT a "new" product and nothing less.

I bought many items on ebay, the sellers will state in the description that it will be removed from its packaging to save you shipping charges. that of course can't be suitable for some items like gifts, in your case if the seller didn't state that the item will be removed from its packaging then you have the right to get your money back.

I bought many items on ebay, the sellers will state in the description that it will be removed from its packaging to save you shipping charges. that of course can't be suitable for some items like gifts, in your case if the seller didn't state that the item will be removed from its packaging then you have the right to get your money back.

Here's the thing. You can't list an item as "New" and ship it without it's original packaging. That is a policy violation. People get suspended all the time and start flipping out when it's their fault for not reading the policies :(

If they stated in the advert that they would cut it to ship or remove the packaging to make postage cheaper, then I think that's fair enough.

If however they didn't state that then you probably have a good case.

"Used - like new" means it's been used but hasn't a mark on it. In your case it's the other way round, it hasn't been used but it has been chopped in 2. 

They should probably have said it was "New - other" which eBay explains may mean that the original packaging may have been removed.

That's how it seem to work on eBay.co uk anyway.

so did you buy this from amazon or ebay? cause you posted for amazon? any who just chill man. things happen. if your not happy take it up with the seller. really there is nothing we can do to help. sorry if it sounds mean im not trying to be.