Celestial Pearl Danio Fry!!!

OblongShrimp

A couple of weeks ago I moved 6 of my CPD's from my display tank into a 10gal tank filled (completely) with a mix of java moss and Subwassertang in an attempt to breed them.  I left them there for probably two weeks and then removed them about a week ago because I decided I was going to use the tank for some Sulawesi's I am bringing in soon.  Well last night I went and looked at the tank and there were a bunch of tiny fry swimming around!  I counted at least 10 but with how thick the moss was I could only see maybe 20% of the tank so I bet there are probably close to 50 of them in there.  I gave them some Mosura Shrimpton last night and will probably add some greenwater to their tank today as well.  When I gave them the Shrimpton I could see them darting around and eating it.  I will try and get some pictures but I don't know if I will be able to get any decent ones with how tiny the fry are and how much they move around.

So here are the pictures....considering how tiny they are and how fast they move I think they came out ok

post-1-0-37897700-1395624330_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-87969600-1395624330_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-30701100-1395624331_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-76254300-1395624331_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-24794200-1395624332_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-69045900-1395624332_thumb.jpg

I counted at least 20 the other day but there are likely more in there since that was just the ones in the top inch or two of water.  The CPD's I used for breeding were probably 2 years old so if I had used younger stock I may have gotten more.  I will probably try and breed them again when I have an extra tank they can use, it has been pretty simple so far :)

I haven't been trying and I have at least 6 fry in the last couple months.  People say the adults eat the fry, however they have been swimming amongst the adults and I haven't seen any go after them.  Of course, the others may have been eaten.  Who knows?

I just feed flake, so they are not used to eating love food.

• 3 weeks later...

They are growing pretty quickly so far and I have at least 20 of them still :)