Good air pump to suppost 6-8 tanks

I'm going to be setting up some tanks over the next few months and want to keep my electricity cost down. To do this I want to run just air filters and not run individual canisters for each tank. Anyone have a good air pump they like that could handle running 1 (maybe 2) sponge filters across 6 or so tanks? I've tried some from Petsmart but they just never seem to work that well.

Yes, the hydrofarm is not quiet. But the sound of bubbles is almost as loud. It's in my kitchen so not a big deal for me. I like the adjustable output and 4 lines out. And I like the price :)

Puddles, I have a Jehmco pump and I am running 16 HMFilters with plenty more power for more tanks. It is virtually silent and just a workhorse linear piston pump.

I have nothing but great things to say about the product and everyone at Jehmco are no BS type of people. They will never try to up sell you and flat out tell you what YOU need for your particular setup.

I have the LPH45 MODEL. Though it is too big for your needs but they have smaller pumps. Just give the a call and they'll point you in the right direction.

Jehmco.com

For folks with experience with the Alita series pumps, do you guys know if I could get away with using the Altia AL-40 and have it split into 2x 6 outlets PVC 1/2" and still supply sufficient air for the 2 racks?  I have those Edsal shelving units (36'x72'x18') that I've opted to have setup as 2 separate stands (side by side, similar to photo below). Any idea if I could have the Alita AL-40 split into 2 directions, feeding the 6x outlet manifolds and still have enough air pressure to set some serious air going into 6 tanks (or 12x sponges if need be)?

AVMP6-HVa700p.jpgd9ebe31d-944e-4563-bd19-9beda2c9a631_400

Alita 40 for 12 sponges?  Heck yeah!  In fact an Alita 40 seems like big time overkill to me.  Look at the Alita AL-15A.  It would save you at least $40, and give you enough air power to do several more sponges if desired.

Now if you are adding another rack later, then you may still want to look at the Alita 40 still.  I have an Alita 60 running 4 racks with air to spare.

Several factors are still are involved though.  How much air going through the sponges, vertical location of sponges and tanks, and hose lengths.  For example, it's tougher to pump air down than up.  That's why I have my pump on the floor. Yadda Yadda.

The Alita 40 has 48 lpm @ 2.18 psi, while the Alita 15A has 20 lpm @ 1.4 psi.

For comparison, my Alita 60 has 68 lpm @ 2.18 psi, but as you can tell the only difference between the 40 and 60 is the lpm.

Pondering Alita 6A for 4-6 items (2 HMF + 2 sponge for sure, airstones likely) - would that be overkill? I feel like my old air pump has become louder over time and am considering a replacement since I'm redoing my entire setup.