Shipped My First Package of Shrimp

RyeGuy411

So I sent out my first package of shrimp today.  Im pretty pleased with how it went other than catching all the shrimp.  I broke down a 2 gallon tank that had about 40-50 shrimp and plants.  Used a couple breather bags added Java moss and some purigen.  Tied the bags nice and tight no leaks, wrapped them in paper towels lined the box with newspaper just in case and added a heat pack and some of those air filled pillow things.  The box was nice and tight no bouncing around for the little guys in there.  Now my one question is when  I dropped the box off the lady asked me if there were any liquids or any perishables in the box (among a bunch of other things like flammables, explosives, corrosives etc.) and I said no.  Are you supposed to tell them no? Does it really matter?

Well there was definitely  enough absorbent material in the box.  I just wasnt sure when she put me on the spot with that question.  And I would never write fragile on a box.  My buddy worked for UPS for years sorting packages and the ones that were marked fragile were the ones they punted like a football onto the truck.  Not to say that always happens but I dont want any possibility of my package being singled out.

Well there was definitely  enough absorbent material in the box.  I just wasnt sure when she put me on the spot with that question.  And I would never write fragile on a box.  My buddy worked for UPS for years sorting packages and the ones that were marked fragile were the ones they punted like a football onto the truck.  Not to say that always happens but I dont want any possibility of my package being singled out.

yeah,i was going to say never have fragile on the box.

don't use air pillows,they can deflate.

yeah,i was going to say never have fragile on the box.

don't use air pillows,they can deflate.

Something to consider for next time with the air pillows. I had them left over from another shipment but even if they deflate there is still quite a bit of packaging to keep things snug. I guess I will just wait and see when it gets there.

For me, I just prep the box and drop it off at the drop off section with the pre-paid slip already taped. No questions ask and very quick.