Gluing cholla wood to glass?

Duff0712

In my new tank I had an idea to glue halves of cholla wood onto the back of my tank. However, I'm not quite sure how to glue them to the glass. I have some cyanoacrylate gel (for wood) glue and haven't tried it yet, but does anyone have any ideas of what I could use to stick the wood to glass?

I will call it the Shrimpoyah Hotel.

I have plans to make a journal as I build it. As long as i don't forget to take pictures throughout.

aquarium safe silicone? Are you attaching them lengthwise? If you are attaching them so they protrude into the tank you can use rare earth magnets (that way they are easy to move and very strong).

Why silicone it to the glass at all?  If you decide to move it, it will be challenging.  Instead, drill out a hole in the cholla, and insert a suction cup.  Use a bit of silicone if needed to hold the suction cup to the cholla. ;)

Were you going to do the whole wall? I would connect them with monofilament, and then as Soothing said, use the suction cups. Either hang the monofilament, or suction cups directly on the cholla. Or both.

I also think silicone might work. I would think the superglue would be permanently stuck on the glass if you went that route.

Suction cups would work well, otherwise silicon.  The problem with something permanent is what if you are trying to catch out shrimp and they just hide in the wood in the back :).  Are you going to use the teddybear cholla wood?

Agree with everyone who said suction cups. The ability to remove everything is must in shrimp tank lol.

I spent the last 3 hours last night trying to catch 20 shrimp in one tank that I had to breakdown. If it was not for the fact that I removed all the plants and decor I would have just given up and dump the tank into a bucket lol.

So something I was thinking of. Based off of the suction cup idea I wanted to take some of the charcoal/fiber glass window netting I have and suction cup that (in sections) to the back of the tank and just glue the pieces of cholla wood onto the mesh.

One problem I am seeing is that there would be a gap between the mesh and the back of the tank.

Does anyone know of any other way to attach th mesh to the back of the tank? Or just a longer handle suction cup that I can attach to the cholla wood and just do that against the back of the tank?

I was thinking maybe some aquarium safe magnets for the mesh, but I'm not quite sure which would be safe as there are a lot of mixed reviews everywhere on magnets like ceramic and neodymium leaching or having to use sealant on non-safe magnets.

Any suggestions are welcome.

You could try the zoomed MagClip. I've wanted to get some for quite a while, but have trouble bringing myself to spend $10 for only 1.

I've seen those but for how many Id need I would be broke haha.

You could try getting a few moss ledges and suctions those to the tank and thru the mesh and so they hold it up with the cholla wood on their, also it may just rest on the bottom by itself.

Cough.. I actually just got a ton of ledges.. Cough... I will prob just end up using all suction cups. It just scares me with some saying their magnets have fallen apart and rusted. I don't want the chance my stock is gonna all die randomly down the road because I went a "easier" route

-Duffy