Sulawesi breeding

Wygglz

Okay, so I've been hesitating to post this,but here goes. Has anyone successfully kept and bred any of the Sulawesi shrimp besides Cardinals? The only info I've found is from 2010 and earlier and they are all documented failures. Has anyone had success?

Thank you, Shrimple. I haven't seen these before and missed this thread. I was aware of the Harlequin, yellow cheek, and a couple of others but not these. I will defintely explore these but would appreciate info from others as well. My other half was so enamoured with the harlequins, cardinals, and yellow cheeks that he is ready to build another "wall o'water" set up to get them going.

Yes, I am keeping Caridina sulawesi. They are hardy and easy to keep. They eat all kinds of food that CRS and neos eat. Their natural habits are rivers and caves. I think that this is one reason why they are not as demanding as the Sulawesi shrimps from the lakes. They can breed in a wide variety of pH and tolerate radical water changes.

When the weather cools down a bit in September or October, I will have some available. I have all the shipment equipment available now.

I had some success for a little while with a couple of different species but then I was losing an entire tank everytime I went out of town for a few days.  I think the high pH made it really sensitive to ammonia.

I am going to be importing Sulawesi's again and should have them available by the end of September.