You guys NEED this!!!!!

grrrr trying to post better pics and just keep getting  error 200.  This happened the other day to me too.   anyway they are called shrimp lilipops and  the minute I put them in all four of my tanks, the shrimp swarmed them.  it was amazing to watch.

Haha, now that's cool.

If anyone finds out what it's made of, let me know. I can read some of the label on Han's website, but the ingredients list is at a hard to see angle.

Jadenlea, can you post a pic of or type out the full ingredients list? Thanks!

I just always like to know the ingredients of what I feed my fish and shrimp.

Any idea how long these coated algae sticks last in the tank?

I will let you know Shrimp P!     So far none of them even look like they have a dent in them even though they have been covered in shrimp since about  5pm est. 

OH and my Otto Cats love them too!!

So I said Id update on how long it lasted.   The stick in the two tanks with lots of shrimp.  have about 3/4 of the algae gone.  The other two tanks with only about 20 shrimp look like they havnt been touched and the one in the oebt tank is COVERED in snails.   I didnt realize I had so many snails in there. Im going to go up after breakfast and take it out and shake the snails off .  Great unexpected snail trap hehe. 

Ive seen them and being a frugal/diy type I tried once so far too make them.  I tried using pure spirulina powder wet with distilled water to coat a bamboo skewer stick buy even after drying it thoroughly it just instantly dissolved once placed in water. I have some powdered clays and calcium etc that I will probably try mixing it with next time to see if I can harden it.  

They are so inexpensive though it's a cool product and I like that it's easy to get in and out. 

3 hours ago, heatherbee said:

Ive seen them and being a frugal/diy type I tried once so far too make them.  I tried using pure spirulina powder wet with distilled water to coat a bamboo skewer stick buy even after drying it thoroughly it just instantly dissolved once placed in water. I have some powdered clays and calcium etc that I will probably try mixing it with next time to see if I can harden it.  

They are so inexpensive though it's a cool product and I like that it's easy to get in and out. 

try putting it over low heat until dry.

i think that's what food makers do to harden them.

Yeah I did. Laid on baking sheet after turning off the oven when I was done with dinner & it had to of been warm a couple hours.  I do the same thing with the spirulina in a thin layer and break into teeny chips for occasional feeding of aquatic creatures. I will try again with a little added something after I Google. I didn't even try to see an ingredient list I just figured it was spirulina since mine go nuts for it- the ottos too!

I would order them from Han though if making an order otherwise! 

Hmm.. Just an idea.. But they don't contain some kind of agar do they ?

i use this when making pleco treats and is good to turn a powder or blended food into a solid (that wont dissolve)

not sure if it contains anything bad for shrimp (am sure someone will) it's made from seaweed so I can't see it would but dunno..

It is mostly used as a vegetarian alternative to gelatine.. 

Anyway would be interested as to if this is safe for shrimp as it opens up a lot of food ideas ect..

Matt

I found an image online and made it 200%.  What I could make out from the graininess is Ingredients: Algae (unknown %), dried egg powder.  The percent looks like it could be 80%, but I'm not sure.  And then there is the question of whether it is by weight or volume.  

I don't think so Devilduck because it doesn't disintegrate like repashy .   This stuck to the skewer till she shrimp finished it.   It took about 24 hours in my tanks with many shrimp for them to eat it all. In the 2 tanks that just have a few shrimp,  it is still stuck to the skewers and looks the same as when i put it in (other than the areas that are eaten)