You guys NEED this!!!!!

Didn't last as long as I'd hoped, but I'm sure that's just the shrimp pigging out. Really cool treat though! Still interested in seeing the ingredients list whenever you get the chance.

Will be sure to get at least one 10 pack! Got to keep these away from my ramshorn snails though. Those snails are pigs (I swear they instantly poop...) and crowd the food so the shrimps have to squeeze through tiny openings to get to the food.

you can make your own pretty cheap. I posted directions a while back on FB.

bamboo skewers are like $1.99 for 100 @ Target, pick up a bottle of Soilent Green or Shrimp Suffle Repashy from Triton https://www.facebook.com/tritonfreshwateraquatics/

now you can make 100 of them for next to nothing ($.11 each) vs 10 pack for $16 ($1.60 each)

even if you pick up 2 bottles of Repashy, one of each flavor thats still like $.20 each.

Minka,  Han told me they sold out for now.    BostonEric,  how do you get the stuff to stay on though rather than desolve.  Its 3 days later and the one in my tank that only has like 10 shrimp still has algae on it.

20 minutes ago, Jadenlea said:

BostonEric,  how do you get the stuff to stay on though rather than desolve.  Its 3 days later and the one in my tank that only has like 10 shrimp still has algae on it.

I was talking to Chris/Triton about this very subject.  He suggested baking them after dipping them...I guess similar to Repashy jerky.  I'll let him reply with specifics when he has some time since he knows far more about Repashy then me.

but remember this is just a similar product DIY, not the exact same thing. And being you are using Repashy you know exactly all the ingredients being used are awesome. 

if you dont want to do skewers you can mold it onto just about anything. bamboo skewers are just easy and cheap.

I have at least one bag..and I think 2 of raphashy in my supplies that I was just to lazy to mix up after the first time

I haven't had any problems with Repashy - Soilent Green, Super Green, Morning Wood, etc.  That's what I feed my Plecos and the 2 tanks that also have shrimp have increasingly large populations.  Obviously hasn't affected them at all; babies everywhere.

So I bought a 10 pack from Han - The ingredient list is only Algae and egg powder.  I put 2 in my 22 gal tank.  I have about 100 or so shrimp. Pkg says 1 stick for 30 shrimp.  OMG - immediately after sticking into the substrate my shrimp have covered both sticks.  They look very excited and happy.

What is the recommended length of time to leave one of these sticks in a tank?

I've had one in my misch/carbon tank for 3 days. About 80% consumed and not falling apart, tested NH3, NO2, and NO3: 0,0,5. Seems okay to leave in, and it's mostly algae anyway.

2 hours ago, Mr. F said:

I've had one in my misch/carbon tank for 3 days. About 80% consumed and not falling apart, tested NH3, NO2, and NO3: 0,0,5. Seems okay to leave in, and it's mostly algae anyway.

Thanks! That was the type of info I was looking for,

2 hours ago, jem_xxiii said:

Thanks! That was the type of info I was looking for,

annnnnd it's all gone.

• 2 years later...