Would like to purchase

oem

Hi Guys and Girls,

Mike here. I need some help with future purchases.   I am a very security conscience person and do not own a credit card.  I do not even like the utility companies electronically taking money from my checking account.   I do not trust our World Economy philosophy as I have seen how one countries issues becomes ours.  That said I am looking for members and sponsors who would be willing to sell products or animals that I can pay with a USPS check or money order.  Several members have done that already which I really appreciate.  Some members and sponsors responded that they accept PayPal which I understand.  I told Oblong I was going to try and get PayPal going but I'm still not sure several months later.  I would like to have a data base of those whom I can purchase from.  Please PM me so no one feels they have too accept a check due to peer pressure.  Currently looking for different mosses.

Thanks Everyone !

Mike   

PS     Sorry about the political views

Mike.  Why are you so afraid to have a credit card/debit card?  You know that should it ever be used for unauthorized charges, that the banks cover it at no loss to you right?

Thanks Jadenlea, I appreciate your concern.  I do understand the inner workings of the credit card industry and the potential safeguards and am not afraid of them.     I had used credit cards for over 30 years with no issues.  But I currently carry no debt and make cash purchases.  I choose not to use them and will figure out what to do with what ever comes out of this posting.  Thanks again

4 hours ago, oem said:

Thanks Jadenlea, I appreciate your concern.  I do understand the inner workings of the credit card industry and the potential safeguards and am not afraid of them.     I had used credit cards for over 30 years with no issues.  But I currently carry no debt and make cash purchases.  I choose not to use them and will figure out what to do with what ever comes out of this posting.  Thanks again

u can find some local people who sell shrimps, so u can pay them with cash.  it's gonna be secured for both party.  :O)

Hi.

I accept money order or cashier checks.

I will send the shrimps ones I cash it. You can check eBay  and TPT  for my feedback. The same user name "plamski".

I have CRS,CBS,PRL,PBL,WR,Shadow pandas,BB,rd and black pintos,royal tigers.

LMK if you are interested.

P.S.

I understand your concerns about security.Most of the people have no idea what is going on around lately.

2 hours ago, plamski said:

Hi.

I will send the shrimps ones I cash it. You can check eBay  and TPT  for my feedback. The same user name "plamski".

P.S.

I understand your concerns about security.Most of the people have no idea what is going on around lately.

You can trust plamski. Mayphly(Andy) recommended him to me and his word is gold on Shrimp Spot.

14 hours ago, GreenPepper said:

u can find some local people who sell shrimps, so u can pay them with cash.  it's gonna be secured for both party.  :O)

Thanks GP.  I work with two local aquarium clubs and very few members have shrimp.  Even at the three spring auctions I visited, (Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown, Ohio) I only saw 5 bags of red cherry's at two of them and talked to everyone about who might have some.  I did find someone on the west side of Cleveland and in Canton,but communication was not up to par.   And I'm only looking for neos as I'm new to shrimp not high value critters.  I would think a USPS, money order, cashiers, ect would be a safe bet unlike a personal check.  What really surprised me was a business not accepting a check but only using PayPal / CC at 5% surcharge.

Thanks GP.  I work with two local aquarium clubs and very few members have shrimp.  Even at the three spring auctions I visited, (Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown, Ohio) I only saw 5 bags of red cherry's at two of them and talked to everyone about who might have some.  I did find someone on the west side of Cleveland and in Canton,but communication was not up to par.   And I'm only looking for neos as I'm new to shrimp not high value critters.  I would think a USPS, money order, cashiers, ect would be a safe bet unlike a personal check.  What really surprised me was a business not accepting a check but only using PayPal / CC at 5% surcharge.

Using PayPal can avoid the charge if u send money to "friend or family"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, oem said:

What really surprised me was a business not accepting a check but only using PayPal / CC at 5% surcharge.

Checks are a big risk and if you deposit a bad check and it bounces many banks will charge you a fee. Most people who do business already have the 5% surcharge in the price.

3 hours ago, plamski said:

Hi.

P.S.

Thanks for your help Plamski.  When I feel more confident with these neos I'll be willing to try C. Cantonensis species, most likely tigers.  Maybe it's the Old Hippy in me but I generally trust those individuals who answer questions to help others on the forum.  Probably 15 or so and I have never met them. 

Your also right about people not understanding how their house was worth 750K yesterday and only 400K today.  (It's better now thank goodness)

+ anybody with "ski" in their moniker can't be all bad!

Have you considered purchasing the Visa/MC gift cards? There is a $5 fee for most of them, but you could buy a large enough amount up front to purchase things from multiple sellers you're interested in.

Also I currently live in Pittsburgh, and I'm starting CRS and red rili colonies if you're ever out this way!  We have a couple LFS with various shrimp varieties too.

8 hours ago, ManedWolf said:

Have you considered purchasing the Visa/MC gift cards? There is a $5 fee for most of them, but you could buy a large enough amount up front to purchase things from multiple sellers you're interested in.

Also I currently live in Pittsburgh, and I'm starting CRS and red rili colonies if you're ever out this way!  We have a couple LFS with various shrimp varieties too.

Thanks ManedWolf.  My daughter suggested that same thing yesterday and to stop being "Amish", her way of saying old fashioned.  I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and Sarah's going to help me set this up.  Still rubs me wrong though.

Pittsburgh is only two hours away from me and appreciate the offer.  Been to Three River Stadium or whatever it's called now and Pittsburgh Hospital for Father-in -law's surgery twice.  Missed my turn and ended up in the Squirrel Tunnel at 11:30 pm.  Wife's family lives in DuBois and Bennezette area. 

Thank You all for the personal messages sent.  As Plamski and others have mentioned here and in other posts, this forum contains some of the best of the best in the hobby.  Willingness to help "perfect strangers" with concerns or issues for the animals in their care.  I reiterate that this forum is Priceless.  Also, Thank You staff for all you do to keep it going and free of riff-raff and on track.

10 hours ago, ManedWolf said:

I could be wrong but I think with walmarts prepaid visa/mc cards you pay a one time fee and and they can be recharged over and over again.

I've had a positive cash transaction with oem. Very legit guy!

16 hours ago, Vpier said:

I could be wrong but I think with walmarts prepaid visa/mc cards you pay a one time fee and and they can be recharged over and over again.

This used to be true for a promotional period, but they eventually began charging a reload fee usually between $3 and $5.  The rechargeable ones also tended to ask for a lot of cc type personal info as well like SSN, address, etc.  I used to work customer service and Money Center for Walmart when these cards began getting popular, so I had to troubleshoot them often!

The true gift card CCs ask for no info other than an automated phone or website activation. Basically just like a store gift card but usable anywhere Visa/MC are accepted.  Unfortunately the lack of information gathered led to them being used in scams a lot.  So if you do end up buying them regularly, the cashier might start to ask questions just to make sure you aren't sending them to any Nigerian princes. :P