Round/flat worms

Seanmb89

Does anyone know of any ways to get rid of round/flat worms in a shrimp tank? My water quality is fine but I don't do water changes as often as I should because I'm nervous that I'll suck up some shrimp fry now that 4-5 females all released fry within a few days of each other. I've cut down on feeding (Shirikura powder/squares) but was wondering if the worms come from the heavy amount of plants I have in the tank? I may take some plants out but the worms are just unsightly. 

Tank is 10G, using 1 submersible LED light strip with 1 floramax fluorescent bulb. Water is pure RO with shrimp mineral added. 15ish mature red fire/cherry shrimp with 20+fry/juvi. Tank is kept at 78 degrees. 

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Build a trap for them?

My new 7gal  tank seems to have planaria in it today so this thread is a nice coincidence as I was going to start one.. I was aging the tank for cards (week 2).

Fresh setup just added plants.

The plants were a purchase at a meet and I didn't see any planaria in the tank I had them in.

I wonder if planaria are in my 15 where the flagfish (had the mosses and mimi pellia in there) may just eat them all or in my 55 with the scarlet badis (buce was in this tank along with the cool fluffy looking plant)?

so now all over I have them sticking themselves up from the substrate like black worms.

Stick a betta or a badis in the tank and let it eat them or just make a trap? Let the pea puffer live in this tank for a while?

When I first started keeping shrimp, I had them. I was feeding too much. I had small planaria and detritus worms. I would get the detritus worms out with tongs and the planaria I left. Ultimately, I was over feeding. I dialed in my feedings and I don't see planaria anymore, but now and again do see 1-3 detritus worms. I don't mind them too much because they clean up detritus which isn't a bad thing.

Weird, since there are only plants and some accidental snails I added ferts once and nothing since. I'm not feeding the tank.

I wonder if they will starve since I'm not feeding the tank. I doubt it as they showed up and grew somehow and that means they are eating something.

Don't bother with traps; there's many more planaria and eggs under the gravel that a trap will ever catch. Fenbendazole (safe-guard) or no-planaria (I think it's by motsura?) is the way to go. Plenty of instructions are on here when you search; in mobile so I can't link it, but I dosed .1 gram per 10 gallons of the canine powder for three days. Could possibly hurt snails though.