Can I use pure RO water or do I need to add minerals?

No you cannot use pure RO water unless it is being added to top off for evaporation to an established tank that has been properly mineralized to begin with.  

As for what to use Salty Shrimp is the most popular dry mineralzer by far, GH for Caridina and GH/KH fo neocaridina.  I personally prefer liquid mineralizer and use SL-Aqua Blue Wizard.  Since these mineralizer are designed for shrimp the easiest way to achieve the correct ratio is using a TDS pen.  For example with Blue Wizard if I add one pump to one gallon of RO water I get a TDS around 80 to 100 with a GH around 2-3, this is the low range fo TB's, 2 pumps puts you in the high range or low range to neocaridina.  For Salty Shrimp you can use measuring spoons to add the correct amount and a TDS meter will allow to to check and adjust, just make sure you allow time for it to fully desolve, which is why I like liquid mineralizer.

I use SL-Aqua Blue Wizard as well, but for my tap water. My water straight out the tap is ~35 TDS, with a low GH and KH, and a pH in the upper 8s. I use 3 pumps per 2 gallon bucket. It puts my TDS to around 130, and raises my gh to 5-6. I use that water for all my shrimp, and it's working out for now. I use alder cones, Indian almond leaves, and guava leaves to lower the pH. Liquid remineralizer really simplifies things.

Yes,  add minerals to RO.

Pure RO is missing the calcium that your shrimp need for their beautiful carapaces (shells). It is also missing Magnesium and a host of other trace minerals necessary for aquatic metabolism and life.

I use the Fluval Shrimp Mineral Supplement, but SaltyShrimp and SL-aqua both seem very popular with the hardcore shrimpers here.

Find one that works for you and stick with it. Shrimp love consistency.

I read in your other posts that you have very hard tap water and had a dieoff. RO is a good restart option for you.

Excellent! thanks everyone for the replies really appreciated my friend said pure RO would been fine but he does discus fish not shrimp! So glad you guys mentioned this otherwise would been more shrimp deaths and I been devastated. 

I will order some mineraliser today, I will go for the liquid version as it looks easier to use and maintain 

????

+4 on SL-Aqua! I love it :)

I would recommend mk breed blue diamond b/c that's what I use. Its about 1ml per gal to get a tds of 150. So a 250ml bottle will last ages. Unless you have a really big tank or many small tanks. I would definitely use a liquid mineralzer. It disperses almost instantly. All you need to do is mix it for 2sec.