What kind of shrimp is this??

Bellatrix

Hello, 

plesse can can someone help me identify and sex this shrimp? 

Ive had him/her about two months bought from Pets At Home where he/she was sold as an Ammino  shrimp but the staff there are idiots most of the time and he/she looks more like a Snowball Shrimp to me.

Anyone? Also can anyone tell the sex? 

Cheers!  

image.png

IMG_4943.MOV

Looks like a snowball shrimp and based on the back portion,a male.......females are fuller/wider top to bottom

Thank you!! Much appreciated my friend. :) 

I'm so angry at Pets At Home for this. I know Snowball Shrimps are meant to be in warmer water than WCMMs. At present the tank lingers between 21 to 23c but in the winter it's going to drop. I can't put a heater in there because it'll do my WCs no good. This poor little guy, I feel so bad for him! 

I'm not sure on the id, or that you will have an issue with temperature. Or even that WCM would have an issue with warmer temp. I don't use a heater for my WCM right now, but I think I have in the past (it's been  a while).

Stuff you will find on websites about parameters tends to be general guidelines, for ideal params.

How low does your tank go in winter?

Remember, shrimp like stability.