Tell me about your best shrimp-related purchases!

Mr. F

The first ones I tried were the Feit ones that you can get at Costco, after I saw a Youtube review on the Aquarium Co-Op channel. I have since switched to the Lights of America brand that you can get at Sam's Club. I ordered mine online. There is no diffuser, so the light is more direct. The reflector is also larger, and prevents light from spilling out the sides. The reflector also doubles as a heat sink. The color temperature is closer to daylight, which I like, and is visually brighter than the Feit light. The are easy to hang if you use wire racks, and fit perfectly inside the 4ft wide shelves.

Nice, can it grows plants well?

I don't have any fancy plants, only low tech types. I like to keep lots of fast growing floating plants, since they are suppose to be the best at absorbing nitrates. I toss out a lot of floaters every week or two since they start to pile on top of each other, and block out a lot of light. My dwarf water lettuce is no longer dwarf. They have really taken off, filling the tanks with roots, and the plants themselves sometimes reach 4 inches across before I toss them out. The plants directly under the light also grow upright leaves. Duckweed fills in any gaps. Frogbit and salvinia are removed constantly. I also like to fill my tank with anacharis, hornwort, guppy grass, and round pelia. They continue to grow at a steady rate, though they take off without the cover of floaters. I also have some glosso and a patch of baby tears in one tank. They spread out quickly when their tank was clear of floaters, but have since stalled. I use black eco-complete, and no fertilizers. I also have some moss balls. java ferns and anubias, I don't notice much changes with them, bet they are all still green.

I've used both lights to grow streptocarpus and african violets, and micro sinningias. Most plants stayed in constant bloom. at least when I took care of them. 

I don't have any fancy plants, only low tech types. I like to keep lots of fast growing floating plants, since they are suppose to be the best at absorbing nitrates. I toss out a lot of floaters every week or two since they start to pile on top of each other, and block out a lot of light. My dwarf water lettuce is no longer dwarf. They have really taken off, filling the tanks with roots, and the plants themselves sometimes reach 4 inches across before I toss them out. The plants directly under the light also grow upright leaves. Duckweed fills in any gaps. Frogbit and salvinia are removed constantly. I also like to fill my tank with anacharis, hornwort, guppy grass, and round pelia. They continue to grow at a steady rate, though they take off without the cover of floaters. I also have some glosso and a patch of baby tears in one tank. They spread out quickly when their tank was clear of floaters, but have since stalled. I use black eco-complete, and no fertilizers. I also have some moss balls. java ferns and anubias, I don't notice much changes with them, bet they are all still green.

I've used both lights to grow streptocarpus and african violets, and micro sinningias. Most plants stayed in constant bloom. at least when I took care of them. 

Excellent.

Oh, and I couldn't live without my 3D nets.  They don't collapse and hold their shape underwater and out.  Makes shrimping sooooooo much easier!

For some reason I get nervous about a glass catcher because of it being glass (I'm clumsy- I once broke a tank just getting it out of the car.) and transferring used water from tank to tank.  Not to say I wouldn't get one in the future, but just been nervous about them so far. heh

Oh, and I couldn't live without my 3D nets.  They don't collapse and hold their shape underwater and out.  Makes shrimping sooooooo much easier!

For some reason I get nervous about a glass catcher because of it being glass (I'm clumsy- I once broke a tank just getting it out of the car.) and transferring used water from tank to tank.  Not to say I wouldn't get one in the future, but just been nervous about them so far. heh

My 3D shrimp net just tore after over a year. Where do you buy yours?