Neo Breeding... RCS vs Blue Diamond (Choc. var)

Hi guys, I'm trying to successfully breed my blue diamond neo's and can't seem to really get them to take off.  Research I did seems to say the are derived from the Chocolate Neo.  Are blue diamonds fundamentally different that standard RCS?  Because my RCS breed like absolute rabbits.  

I've had limited success breeding CRS, but always seem to have a mass die off after a few months.  When going good though I have been able to get them to breed fairly quickly. 

I apologize I don't have all the specs for my tanks on hand at this time.  However, I'll say what I know off-hand.  I now have my blues spread out in 3 tanks, all tanks are tap water with MK Breed Blue Diamond added to adjust TDS and Prime for dechlorination.  My standard tap water comes out with a TDS in the 120-140 range.  Filtration on most of my tanks is simply air-driven sponge filters, although my CRS tank has an eheim 2211 for added filtration since they are delicate.  

Tank 1:  My CRS tank pH is 6.4, TDS ~150

Tank 2: Dedicated blue diamond tank.  pH is 7.4 and TDS is 200

Tank 3: Identical to my RCS tank, play sand substrate, pH 6.7, TDS 240 (RCS Breeding like MAD in this setup)

I've only tried RCS and Yellow Neos prior to these Blue Diamonds and didn't have a problem breeding either variety.  These blue's just seem to be giving me a run for my money and I can't seem to figure out why.  Surely, I'll get lucky with at least one of these set-ups right? 

Different strains react differently to water types.

What params did the breeder keep them in?

Often tap plays a role in neo breeding.  Tap water changes during the year and the make up isn't the same from time to time. What gave success in June, may not give success in July, etc.  With RO you can control what is in the water.  This is why so many people (including myself) has had much more success with RO.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I've finally taken the advice I was given on here and I went and bought myself a cheap RO/DI unit.  Everything went well and the resulting water registered 0 TDS.

The only additive I have is MK-Breed blue diamond.  I added it to my RO water and my resulting TDS was ~160 very close to where I keep it now and the pH was 6.0.  All fine and dandy for my CRS.  However, what do I do to raise my pH for my Neocaridina tanks? 

Is there a separate additive that many recommend for Neo's?  My tap water typically comes out right around the 7pH range.  I realize Blue Diamond is made with CRS in mind so I assume that's why the pH remains low.  So, I figure there is a specific additive for Neo's as well? 

** I did a little research while typing this thread up and saw that Salty Shrimp is a very common one for neutral water.  Just to keep the discussion going I was wondering if there were any more that anyone recommends?  I particularly like the MK-Breed that I have because it's liquid and works very quickly.  I would just like some opinions as I'll probably be pulling the trigger on the Salty Shrimp GH+ pretty soon unless someone pops up with a better alternative.

I'm fairly certain there is a MK Breed remineralizer for Neos/Tigers..........I think it may be Blood Diamond.

If using Salty Shrimp you are probably looking for the GH/KH+ version (although some would note successful neo breeding using GH+).

EDIT:  I'm unsure if Blood Diamond is neo remineralizer or more of a trace mineral supplement.  I believe a few of our forum sponsors carry MK and would be good to consult:

Discobee.com

Rivergardennursery.com

hanaquatics.com

Apologies if I'm forgetting other sponsors.......