OEBT culls

Hello. Well a little over a month ago I bought a small group of five OEBT culls from petshrimp.com. All arrived well, and one was what I would consider a nice blue(he has been named Big Blue). Then we had a heatwave and temps in the tanks went up to the low 80s. All was fine, hearty guys. Now, one is berried and I was wondering if anyone could give an estimate on the color percentage I may have. Nice blues, low blues, blonds. Just curious and not too patient. I am happy I already have a berried shrimp as I heard that could take a while with the OEBT and was prepared to wait, but since one is berried...excitement!

=^._.^=

In a month??? Wow that's fast! I just got some OEBT too. Hoping they reproduce fast too :( post some pics of your berried :D

Congratulations Aennedry! From my experience it is quite difficult to narrow down the outcome of blondes reproduction. I have had blonde juveniles that ended up all turning a deep blue. I think Erik from BuyPetShrimp would be a great candidate to chime in on this one.

I would be happy with either color. I want blue shrimp , but I also wanted regular tigers. Was thinking of going with blue neo's but this way I can get my blue and blonds (regular tigers) without the cost of the high grade blue neo and then buying tigers. Here is a picture of my 5gal OEBT tank. They share with one tiger nerite.

OEBThome.jpg

And here is the mama-to-be. She has been a bit shy, but finally got a picture of her... The boys are a more intense blue, with Big Blue being a lovely blue velvet neo blue. I am hoping he is the daddy.  

mamaOEBT.jpg

=^._.^=

And of course after posting, I glance into my tank and what do I see? Two berried OEBT culls! I hope when I finally get my Bee tank set up they are going to be this easy. My TTs and Taiwan Fire Reds didn't even berry up this fast.

=^._.^=

Hey there.. The blue velvet cant be the dad, they dont crossbreed with neos.  As for % of offspring being blue/non blue.. It really is a crapshoot.  Keep in mind that most blue oebt stay clearish for a month or 2 before turning blue.  Good luck with the shrimp, its a good sign they are breeding!