Back with problems :(

I don't know what keeps causing my random deaths here.

Parameters:

pH 7.4 kH 3 GH 8 TDS 266 ammonia, nitrite, nitrate 0 temp. 72

10g tank, filtered with an Aqueon QuietFlow 10 with purigen, dual sponge filter

various grade cherries

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? :huh:

Copper pipes?

I have heard they don't deposit that much copper, but could lead to issues.

If you don't have to many shrimp I might try putting them in a pitcher of old water, drain all your water. Refill with rm Ro water and dripped acclimate them over a day or so.

This is what I did when I had problems with my tap, even though it's basically ro, and it worked well. Had no deaths from accIimating and my deaths have extremely been reduced since.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I really don't want to switch to RO:( I'm gunna start using BorneoWild Shield to see if it helps. They were breeding for a short period of time in my tank. I really hope it's not my tap. Is there any way to find out?

If I dropped the TDS, my kH and GH parameters would fall. 

As it turns out, I do have copper pipes. Would CupriSorb take care of it, or should I actually buy a copper test kit first?

Have you considered the inexpensive tap water purifier by Aquarium pharmaceutical . I have used when I needed soft RO type water when I kept killies and can tell you that it works great . You just hook it up to your faucet as needed .

The key is to run it 50% slower than recommended and on cold water thus cartridge lasts longer .

I found it a very underrated product .

I also use tapwater but never had problems everything thrives but either way it removes all impurities .

I was gunna grab an API copper test kit just to see, but instead I figured why not just buy the cuprisorb to remove any possible traces. So I did that. Hoping that will fix it, or maybe the shield.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk