RO vs.purified water

20 minutes ago, Nubster said:

The way it's processed. RO is filtered. Distilled is condensed steam. RO should be pure with nothing in it. Distilled may or may not be pure as some stuff can be left in the steam that is condensed if it wasn't properly filtered prior to distilling. 

I have heard that distilled may contain copper.

Possibly from copper tubing used in the distilling process...but I don't know if there's anymore danger than using tap water in a house that has copper pipes. I have copper pipes and I've used tap water and never had issues. But the contact time may be a lot less in the house than it would be in a distillery.

2 hours ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

If I remember correctly there is a patina that builds up on the copper pipes that protects the water from directly hitting them after awhile.

When people use tap water they will use a conditioner and most will detoxify heavy metals like copper correct?

How would Prime detoxify heavy metals like copper?  Is this the old positive/negative ion reaction and the affected metal changes?  Or is it coated with algae and drops to the bottom of the tank?  Its been 40+ years since Chemistry class.  Curious minds want to know.