Odd shrimp behavior

Razzy

should be fine Just turn off the light for 24 hrs and let them settle calmly

2 hours ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

It could be they are getting "goodies" off your filter to eat.

This.

You should probably find a way to add some sort of screen/sponge to prevent any small babies from being sucked in there. Those openings look pretty large.

"Swimming around" generally gives me more concern than sitting on the filter intake and eating. Are they still doing this? Cherries tend to mainly swim when unhappy with water parameters, or when a female is molting the males will "swarm" or "dance" while looking for her in response to her pheromones.

Don't worry I have a Spec V and mine do this all the time. I don't know what you mean by you have a solid foam block behind it. Do you mean a foam sponge? Let me tell you. I've been through hell and back because of those stupid overflow slots and I lost a few shrimp too. Finally I found a DIY that I followed and it woks like a charm. I never have to worry again about it. Otherwise, you WILL lose shrimp. I had a filter sponge back there too once and the babies bypassed it.

Here's the DIY- http://spec-tanks.com/how-to-make-a-stainless-steel-overflow-cover-for-your-fluval-spec-aquarium/

15 minutes ago, NeocaridinaPat said:

Don't worry I have a Spec V and mine do this all the time. I don't know what you mean by you have a solid foam block behind it. Do you mean a foam sponge? Let me tell you. I've been through hell and back because of those stupid overflow slots and I lost a few shrimp too. Finally I found a DIY that I followed and it woks like a charm. I never have to worry again about it. Otherwise, you WILL lose shrimp. I had a filter sponge back there too once and the babies bypassed it.

Here's the DIY- http://spec-tanks.com/how-to-make-a-stainless-steel-overflow-cover-for-your-fluval-spec-aquarium/

I have the original foam sponge block that comes with the tank, and I also have another block sitting ontop of it to block shrimps from going into the slots!

Okay! I just never had shrimp do this before! They would all gather onto the wall but still be  grazing on it.

I' mstarting to worry again, they are getting too close to comfort in one little huddle and it looks really strange, I tested my ammonia and it's showing 1.0ppm. Maybe that is the cuase, I've started to do a water change and dose prime to lower ammonia, dont know how often i can do this as I don't wanna stress them out.