Repashy super green

sarah

Has anyone here ever used Repashy Super Green?

Reading the description, it seems like it might be a great food for my nerites, since it's vegan and algae-full: http://www.store.repashy.com/super-green-4-oz-bag-wholesale.html

Mine have rejected all algae wafers and veggies offered to date. I was thinking of smearing this onto a rock and creating a place for them to graze. Has anyone here tried something like this before?

I have tried using the product as directed and my snails and shrimps would not touch it.  I saw a post about shrimps skewers and bostoneric (aka www.DiscoBee.com) explained how you can use Rapashy to make these. Once I did that my shrimps and snails go crazy for it. The explanation is on page two.

I use Morning Wood and after I dip the skewers and they harden up, I lay them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and dry them out in my oven at 170 degrees. Takes about a half hour sometimes less depending on how thick it coats the skewer.

I use a lot of Repashy for my catfish and my RC shrimp and assassin snails love it (Soilent Green, Super Green, Morning Wood, Bottom Scratcher, etc.)  The assassins even go for the vegetarian stuff.  I don't do anything other than drop chunks of the stuff in the tank and they all converge on it.

20160620_232851-1.jpg

I just wanted to update this - I ordered the Super Green from Rachel O'leary, along with a snail and a few fish that I've been eyeing for a while! She is such a pleasure to deal with! I have been emailing her back and forth with questions about the fish and about getting my water parameters right (and also months ago about setting up a quarantine tank), and she writes back so quickly and is so informative and knowledgeable. I haven't even gotten my fish yet, but I can't recommend her enough!

On 9/15/2016 at 10:51 PM, Vpier said:

I have tried using the product as directed and my snails and shrimps would not touch it.  I saw a post about shrimps skewers and bostoneric (aka www.DiscoBee.com) explained how you can use Rapashy to make these. Once I did that my shrimps and snails go crazy for it. The explanation is on page two.

I use Morning Wood and after I dip the skewers and they harden up, I lay them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and dry them out in my oven at 170 degrees. Takes about a half hour sometimes less depending on how thick it coats the skewer.

I think I'm going to have to try your technique. I covered the top surface of a piece of rough granite rock with it today, and as soon as I dropped it in the water all the Repashy just slid right off and made a mess :(

It did all get eaten by my cory catfish and Amanos, though!

1 hour ago, sarah said:

I think I'm going to have to try your technique. I covered the top surface of a piece of rough granite rock with it today, and as soon as I dropped it in the water all the Repashy just slid right off and made a mess :(

It did all get eaten by my cory catfish and Amanos, though!

Once you get the oven warm just turn it off and it will dry. At first it may look like its melting but dont worry about and it may take you a couple of tries depending on your oven.

You have to work fast and pour the repashy in a shallow pan. If it stars to harden up, let it. The repashy hardens like a gummy candy and will peel away from the pan, you can reheat in the microwave to re-soften it.