Mystery snail and CRS/CBS

ahboram

So I picked up a mystery snail from a fellow shrimper and when I put it in my CRS/CBS tank my shrimps will NOT stop picking at the snail and wouldnt even let the snail move. The snail would peek out and then my shrimp would just gang up on it and make it hide in its shell again. I moved it to my blue velvet tank where he is rearranging my set up >< I know my shrimp are conditioned to think anything that drops into the tank is food, but felt really bad for this snail. Is this a way I can introduce this snail to my CRS/CBS tank or is there no hope? I dont really feel comfortable putting 2 mystery snails in a 1.5g with my 2 blue velvets.  Pics of the shrimps on the snail

They're probably just picking off the shrimp food or debri on his shell. My shrimp did that too. Best way to do it is feed ur shrimp something and let them go for that and then add the snail on the other side for it to climb out and explore.

Never had a snail get attacked by a shrimp. Especially not larger ones like mystery snails. Like miko said, just feed the shrimp. More than likely you'll eventually see the snail eating with the shrimp peacefully.

19 minutes ago, Mr. F said:

Never had a snail get attacked by a shrimp. Especially not larger ones like mystery snails. Like miko said, just feed the shrimp. More than likely you'll eventually see the snail eating with the shrimp peacefully.

I have so many... It's no longer peace... It's a snaid (snail raid) for the food :( luckily someone is taking 10 more today :-)

My shrimp did that to the big snails I added as well but it calms down- it's just new smelling stuff they seem to flock to. 

On a side note- how I got into shrimp was I got a few ghost shrimp for my (carnivorous) aquatic map turtle but he ignores them. Over time i added Amano and cherry shrimp to his tank and they are constantly on his shell taking care of algae on it :) I find this stuff funny. I think the snail will come out and the shrimp will be less interested once that "new smell" is gone!