Sulawesi Shrimp- Malawa

Soothing Shrimp

This is probably the easiest to breed and keep Sulawesi shrimp out there.  They even outbreed my cherries!

Pareparensis Parvidentata aka Malawa are extremely hardy.  If neos are tanks, these guys are battleships!  I've kept them for years and have never seen a case of bacterial infection yet.

They do fine in cherry params and are constantly on the go.

Their colors vary.  Most are dark brown since I bred for that years ago, however there are other colors that pop up such as blue, red, etc.  Some even have tiger stripes and traces of white.

Fully grown, I find them to be around half the size of neos.

10 for 19.50 + $10 shipped priority in the continental US.

malawa.jpg.203cae715d5c30b3a04f173628b7726a.jpg

I might have to get some in a month or so (if you still have some) for my new tank, it has a bit of perspective to it so the smaller the better with the fauna!

18 minutes ago, Mr. F said:

I might have to get some in a month or so (if you still have some) for my new tank, it has a bit of perspective to it so the smaller the better with the fauna!

Perspective play w/ shrimp sizing. Amazing :bow:

1 hour ago, Vpier said:

What parameter are you keeping them in?

ph 7+, gh 6-10

Remember when I told you they are almost fool proof?  A couple years ago I goofed and made the gh 35!!!  Big error, right?  They didn't even bat an eye!  Gave me a heart attack when I caught it, though! LOL

Seems the more I leave them alone, the more they thrive.  They are always hungry and will eat any food given.