Help ID Shrimp: Red Tiger or Low Grade CRS

240ric

I picked up a few of these at my LFS.  They were labeled as Red Tiger Shrimp.  These look to have thicker stripes than those I have seen in internet pics of Red Tiger Shrimp.  Some of them have thin white stripes across the back and some white color on the tips of the tail.  I'm thinking that these maybe low grade CRS, not Red Tiger shrimp.

What do you guys think?

Tiger2.jpgTiger1.jpg

first one is def low grade crystal(which i want :( lucky) 

Second one, I wanna stil say low grade crystal but darn that tiger look I would say maybe a tibee

Yes the first one is Low grade CRS. I'd say if it has white, its crystal. The second one i would have to say red tiger going with this picture 

8401522_orig__10947.1378311213.1280.1280.jpg

When I bought the initial batch this past weekend, I hand picked the ones that had the most red in them.  They colored up even more in my tank and one of them got berried overnight.  I went back to the LFS this afternoon to buy out the rest.  It seems they got in a new batch, most of them in their tank looked like the first picture, but with slightly more faint white stripes.  That's when I started questioning the label "Red Tiger Shrimp".

Maybe I have both low grade CRS and Red Tigers???

How much did you get them for Ughhhhhhhhh I seriously have been looking everywhere for low grade :(

But also the red tigers look amazing, now I want red tigers too :(

31 minutes ago, ohmiko said:

How much did you get them for Ughhhhhhhhh I seriously have been looking everywhere for low grade :(

My LFS overcharges for shrimp as they are the only store in town that has a decent selection.  I paid $10 a piece for these "Red Tigers", but I have a whole bunch of livestock credit from all the CRS/CBS culls that I traded in (I get $7.50 credit for my CRS/CBS culls and then they resell it for $15).

These are the only shrimp that I bought from them because I thought they looked good, and the bright red definitely caught my eye.

Whoooaaa what a margin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My LFS overcharges for shrimp as they are the only store in town that has a decent selection.  I paid $10 a piece for these "Red Tigers", but I have a whole bunch of livestock credit from all the CRS/CBS/culls that I traded in (I get $7.50 credit for my CRS, and then they resell it for $15).

That's a good margin though, my LFS pays only 30%, so $3-4 for all the shrimp...

The "low" grades still look beautiful!

4 minutes ago, TropicalAquarist said:

That's a good margin though, my LFS pays only 30%, so $3-4 for all the shrimp...

The "low" grades still look beautiful!

My LFS pays 25% cash, 50% store credit.  I normally get store credit since I'm always buying something in there.

A couple more pics of the other two "Red Tigers" that I bought.  The more I look at pics on the internet, it looks like these are lower grade CRS, not Red Tigers.

Thick red stripes...

tiger3.jpg

Berried mama...

tiger4.jpg

28 minutes ago, dazalea said:

I think they are very pretty!

I normally do not buy shrimp at my LFS due to the high price, but the thick bright red stripes made them a must have

8 minutes ago, kangshiang said:

Looks just like mine. I have a whole tank of them ........emoji23.png50c4334d92b04685dcb3c484c41c74f1.jpgf196fa3b7ad3646304c3e48cb112a5ba.jpg1502f3746034b7a2357d64b2c6b3795e.jpg

Tank Goals :bow:

I have seen these colors pop up in my mixed tank. It doesn't appear to be a tiger from my experience-I think it's low grade CRS, perhaps Tibee-either way, will diversify your gene pool. I use the term mischling, it covers all the bases-this will possibly mean not PRL, any other colors besides red coming out in offspring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk