SOLD: Last of my Bandits

Soothing Shrimp

The bandit strain is one of the newest on the scene and selectively bred and named by Steve R.  Their proper name is Caridina Sulawesi.

They originally come from  6+ph like other cards.  My goal in buying them and working with them was to see if I could adapt them to 7+.

I lost a lot in the process and the strongest survived, of course.  I then bred f1 and f2 for more babies to get used to the params.  When I decided to exit shrimping, I sold all of them off, but had some tiny babies too small to ship.

I have 6 or 7 left in the tank that have now turned into adults in 7+ water.  I'm told from those who have bred bandits, about 1/3 have better coloration.  So, from my project it is currently unknown if the faded black/white is due to the higher ph or not.  Here's some pics of mine showing some of the varied degrees of color.

002.jpg.5fe5fd9a5fe1c2478ba8f10074dc2d5e.jpg003.jpg.331dcb780e153105c6d9c5dda3dbc464.jpg004.jpg.9be3db99dc68c169c6eae6846d74a6ce.jpg

So, I see two choices you may choose to go with from my project:

- The safest is to slowly adapt them back to 6+ph for best coloration and maximum baby survival. 

- The more risky way is to continue to pioneer their survival at 7+ph with the theory that coloration will become better as they adapt in future generations. They also would be easier for shrimpers to keep later on.

I *think* I may have 7 in the tank, but I'll say 6 to be on the safe side.  Today, I saw one berried. (No idea if that will keep in shipping?)

Please understand these are worth more since they are a new strain.  (I paid $150 for 15.)

However, since I'm exiting shrimp, you can have all 6+ in the tank for 29.95! (Yes, that includes the berried one.)

Priority Shipping/heat pack in the continental US is $12.

As always, first to pm me gets them.