Weddings

Subtletanks91

I went to my brother in laws wedding yesterday, my first wedding, and it was in it!!! Haha

Such a beautiful wedding guys, like the ones you see in the movies but better. Catholic cathedral church. Limos. Open bar :D great music, huge cake, photo booths, dj, camera crew, speeches, the most traditional ceremony, never would have thought I would have seen anything like it in my life.

What is the most beautiful wedding you have been in or what kinds of weddings did you have. I'm getting married in three years and we picked the spot. But I like to hear what you guys did maybe get some ideas. I know I'm going to hire the camera crew my brother in law did there video was basically like a music video, professional status though for a private company. I can post photos later if you like

Me and my wife got married on top of a hill in the Catskill mountains in the fall at sun set. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful site. The setting sun realy set off the fall folliage.

I wanted to do a hike in wedding on the Appalachian Trail but the wifey didnt like the idea of hiking 2 miles in a wedding dress.. lol so we got married where we had our first date... I took her on a picnic under a live oak on top of a hill at sunset.. so that was where we had the wedding.. a small simple ceremony with our parents and a few friends

That sounds nice, I like the idea of a small wedding, lesssssss money to pay. You don't even wanna know how much they paid for the wedding I went to yesterday, it would take me 2-3 years at my job without spending a dime to afford that. And even then I would go put a downpayment on a house in another area in California or even start a Lfs.

weddings now are sorta lame. The last wedding I went to was by far the worst. Hell load of people but no one gave a **** at the couple. EVeryone was just eating and talking and didn't care that we are in a wedding and not a restaurant eating food. No one was paying attention. Pretty awkward wedding.

Yea, me and my fiance are currently planning our wedding

few things that are a must

-good dj (to get ppl dancing having fun)

-good food

-open bar (we are doing beer and wine since its at a winery)

Alot of time the restaurant will set up a deal with the open bars if you pay so much upfront you X hours of unlimited drinks. We did this I payed 1000.00 up front for 4 hrs all liqures and beers.

The best part was that the owner an old friend of the family gave me all the bar money back and called it a wedding present basically knocking 1000.00 off our bill. But deffinatly try and negotiate the open bar thing most will if there is a guaranteed minimum they will get.

problem with mine is its broken down like this

Venue:

Wedding Fee per person

Reception Fee per person

Beer and Wine (x Hours) per person

Catering Company

Food per person

And the catering company is not allowed to serve the alcohol... so you lose a lot of bargaining there. I got like 10% knocked off due to an issue with the venue, but still isn't cheap

That's odd, that would depend on where though as well. If you do it in a park there shouldn't be a fee. But renting out a place wouldn't it be a flat fee for the space for a certain amount of time, then the reception per person.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are forgetting one of the most important expenses of a wedding, the photographer!

Just got married in June. Rented a large old cement building off of Lake Michigan called the Gary Aquatorium. Yes, its near Gary, but the venue was beautiful. Two courtyards where we had our ceremony, then on the other side was a place for appetizers and drinks. Upstairs there is an roofed yet open area that overlooks the lake where we did dinner and dancing. Had over 200 guests, and I swear they got to have a better time than we did. (We were so busy with pictures, dances, cake cutting, garder toss,  bouquet toss, mingling, etc) Never realized how much a wedding would cost! IT WAS INSANE! At least the guests hooked us up with about half of the cost of the wedding in monetary gifts, plus a lot of other cool gifts that were needed. It was a day we will never forget!

PS. dont pay for an open bar if you dont have to, my group of guests were heavy drinkers, we paid two ladies that I went to school with who are now bartenders, paid them $100 for the day plus what ever tips they made (sure it was a lot), and we bought all the alcohol in bulk. 3 kinds of beer, some wine, and rum. Rum and coke was the groomsman's drink, Jamaican me happys for the brides drink (rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, grenadine, named so bc we honeymooned in Jamaica) It ended up being half as expensive than if we would have paid someone for a couple hours of open bar, plus we got to keep all the left over beer for the afterparties!

Oh, and we had our fur child as our ring bearer  :wub:   It was awesome!

Here is a picture of our cake, and a fun one of the bridal party

post-236-0-22256800-1407122774_thumb.jpg

post-236-0-97195800-1407123332_thumb.jpe

That is a gorgeous cake.

Georgous? That's a freakin' AWESOME cake! ...but where's the shrimp on it? ;)

Thanks for the kind words, guys. The Mrs. would not ever consider shrimp, she's not enthusiastic about my hobby. I was lucky enough to get the pearls on the cake (ya, like that was my idea.....)